30 December 2012

Elvis has left the building

Or at least, the christmas tree..........the sad sad tree that I forgot to water so every time we looked at it, needles fell off.
The state it was in didn't allow us to drag it through the flat onto the pavement, so instead we opened the window and let christmas out that way. The tree is now resting on the wee balcony, waiting for the last needles to come off so we can either take it back in and drag it out or simply let it fall down to the ground.
Every year when I put the tree up and take out the ornaments that I dumped into a box the year before, I make myself a promise that this will be the year when I put everything back nicely, organised, wrapped up and what not. Until it's time to put it away. I dump it again. Once christmas starts getting wrapped up it can't disappear soon enough for me. A clean slate, a new year.
Once again I have plenty of resolutions, none that I share to care, but I can guarantee you that I will be starting them all over once Chinese New Years come around.
So here's to a happy New year, may everything you strive for come to you and may all illness and bad things stay away.