16 April 2013

My perfect dog...

My dog Rufus is cute. As in really really cute. He's not pretty, but he's cute.
And perfect.
He doesn't like to play in water and he is happy on the sofa.
All that changed yesterday.....
I took him to the local park where drainage is being put in under the lawn. This means that there are fairly large mud puddles around...........did I mention Rufus has semi long hair?
Yesterday he decided to roll in the mud...for a long time.
There was mud everywhere. Caked into his beautiful fur.
I got home, managed to get him up 74 stairs and into the shower. Spent 25 minutes hosing him down just to get the clumps loose. Then I carried him to the bathtub where I spent another 30 minutes washing him. After he got out and I dried him off using a towel and a hairdryer, I then spent close to 45 minutes cleaning the shower and the bathtub.
It was exhausting. I took a nap.
Last night I spent a good hour brushing, combing and trimming the poor dog to get the rest of the mud out of his fur.
I want my perfect dog back.

No comments: